WOODSY COURTYARD + outside Burk Hall: The Age of Casual Comfort

...Sitting outside of Burk Hall waiting for my Black Psychology class to start and beside me sat a woman. Her hair was long. A different shade of blonde. I'm not sure if she was smoking. Her tennis shoes looked worn and blemished as if she walked everywhere in them. And I can't remember but I think she was smoking a cig.


Her name was Dawn. We spoke for nearly an hour. And as time took its course I started to enjoy hearing her worldviews, her transformative experiences, she even told me this story about how she brought her Himalayan cat to school and how when the cat heard the chanting sound of nearby Monks, the cat followed the sound.


Overall, this was one my favorite interviews so far. It was a haphazard, unplanned meeting whereI began to ...understand how people wear themselves and less of a focus on the material.... Do you know what I mean?


How do you wear yourself? I like saying this out loud.



Dawn, 61


I'm not so sure fashion is humane. If I'm really being humane I
wouldn't wear things like leather. (Stylewise) I go through stages. I have tons of jewelry on walls, it's like another part of me. Right now my life is about Introspection, going Inside. There are other things on my mind---- clothes don't really matter now.

No comments: