Hi my name is Megan. Some know me by my middle name, Jessica. My younger kin call me Meggo. If you want, you can call me by my pen-name: The Awkward Pedestrian.


VvvVelcome to Pedestrianism.


Pedestrianism is a blog about ALL OF US. I'm less interested in what the capitalist-consumerist fashion industry has to say about clothing and more intrigued in exploring our streets of lived human existence.


What is our relationship to our surroundings?


How do we wear ourselves?


What earthly elements BIND US TOGETHER?


For me, one significant response to these questions is fabric. The fabric we wear speaks soOoO LOUDLY. Fabric is a physical, psychological and spiritual part of our everyday identity. It is the tangible link between "ourselves, our souls, and the outside world". I, you, me, she, he, it, they, we... all of us are bound together


How we wear ourselves might be less about vanity and more about personal or political philosophy.


Through street-style interviews, personal collage art and photos, and philosophical articles---- I aim to seek diverse interpretations of the language of clothing.


The responses below are from the first street-style interviews from San Francisco State University. Two responses include: 1) Vivienne, a 30-year-old woman who I met through the Community Involvement Center. (See Spectacle A, B, & C) 2) Kyle, a 21-year-old man who was standing outside of the science building. (See Spectacle D & E)



Spectacle A



Spectacle B



Spectecal C,,,,,, Spectacle D



Spectacle E




No comments: